KEEP YOUR TATTOO BANDAGED FOR TWELVE TO TWENTY FOUR HOURS.
- Wash your hands before removing the bandage. After the bandage has been removed, wash your tattoo thoroughly with soap and water. After washing your tattoo, gently pat it dry using a clean towel, do not rub.
- Apply a small amount of lotion two to three times a day, gently massaging it into your tattoo with your fingertips. Use the lotion sparingly, as overuse can cause excess scabbing. Tattoos will generally form a thin scab during the healing process, but it is no worse than the flaky skin of a sunburn, and it is completely normal.
- Do not soak your tattoo in water for at least two weeks. This means no swimming in salt or chlorinated water, no baths, hot tubs or saunas. Daily showering is fine, but remember to gently pat your tattoo dry. Do not rub.
- Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo. This is one of the worst things you can do to it, as it will remove the colour from your tattoo and leave it looking blotchy. Your tattoo will become itchy towards the end of the healing process, but try to ignore it as much as possible. If you need to alleviate the itch, gently slap the area with clean hands.
- Keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight for at least two weeks, this includes tanning beds. The sun is the main thing that will fade your tattoo over time. A strong sunblock will help maintain the integrity of your tattoo over time.
- Do not listen to your friends, they aren’t professional tattoo artists.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call us at the shop any time 204.255.8897